Edible Sizzling Rice Bowl
featured in 7 Days, 7 Rice Bowl Recipes
This fun and interactive dish features a sizzling hot stone bowl filled with crispy rice and topped with savory vegetables and protein.
May 14, 2023
93% would make again
for 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 9 shrimps, deveined and shelled
- ½ carrot, cut into rounds
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 1 shiitake mushroom
- 1 bok choy, cut into stem and leaves
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- ¼ cup chicken stock (60 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon water
Edible Rice Bowl
- oil, for frying
- 1 cup short grain rice (100 g), cooked
- Calories 712
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the soup. Add canola oil and heat the pan over medium heat. Add ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Toss in shrimp and sauté both side until shrimp start to turn pink, but are not fully cooked.
- Add the carrot, onion, and bok choy stems, and sauté lightly. Add shiitake mushroom and stir. Add all the broth ingredients except slurry and bring it to a boil.
- Add bok choy leaves and slurry and bring to boil. Set aside.
- Make an edible rice bowl. Place a cup of rice onto a large piece of parchment paper and spread the rice.
- Put another piece of parchment paper on top and roll with a rolling pin.
- Once it is flat, remove the parchment paper on top and heat it with microwave for 3 minutes in order to dry it. Place it on a cooling rack to cool to touch.
- Once the rice sheet is cooled, put it in a mesh colander and shape it like a bowl. Fry the rice sheet in the mesh colander until golden brown.
- Pour warmed soup over the edible bowl while it is still hot.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.