for 8 roll ups
- 8 pieces white bread
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup eggnog (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Maple Sage Sausage Roll-Ups
- ¼ cup cream cheese (30 g), softened
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 4 breakfast sausages, cooked
Pomegranate Raspberry Roll-Ups
- 4 teaspoons salted butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 4 teaspoons pomegranate seeds, plus more for garnish
- 8 raspberries
- ¼ cup whipped cream (60 mL)
- Calories 273
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 24g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece of white bread to about ⅛ inch (3 mm) thick. Slice off the crusts so each slice of bread is a perfect square.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, eggnog, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, maple syrup, and sage until smooth.
- Make the maple sage sausage roll-ups: Spread 2 heaping teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture in a strip on the bottom half of a bread square. Place a breakfast sausage on top of the strip of cream cheese, then carefully roll into a tight log. Repeat to make 3 more sausage roll-ups.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Gently dip each sausage roll in the eggnog mixture, being careful to keep the seam sealed.
- Place the sausage rolls, seam-side down, in the pan and cook until browned all over, 3–4 minutes total.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, then serve.
- Make the pomegranate raspberry roll-ups: Spread 1 teaspoon of butter in a strip on one side of a bread square, then top with 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam. Place 2 raspberries on their sides on top of the jam, one at the top and one at the bottom of the strip. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of pomegranate seeds between the raspberries Using your fingers to keep the pomegranate seeds tucked in, carefully roll into a tight log. Repeat to make 3 more pomegranate raspberry roll-ups.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the same pan over medium heat.
- Gently dip each pomegranate raspberry roll in the eggnog mixture, being careful to keep the seams sealed .
- Place the pomegranate raspberry roll-ups, seam-side down, in the pan and cook until browned all over, 3–4 minutes total.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a few pomegranate seeds.