End Of Summer Corn Risotto
What’s better than summer corn at its peak? Try adding it to creamy risotto and you’ll be blown away. Creamy herb cheese is stirred in at the end to add richness and flavor. It’s simple, comes together quickly, and is an amazing side or even main dish for those cool summer nights.
for 4 servings
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 6 cups low sodium chicken stock (1.4 L), or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup yellow onion (75 g), finely diced
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup arborio rice (200 g)
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL)
- 5 oz soft herb cheese (125 g)
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, for garnish
- parmesan cheese, shaved, for garnish
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs.
- Add the corn cobs to a large pot with the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Melt the butter in a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until fully combined. Let the rice toast for 1–2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the white wine and cook until evaporated about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the stock is fully absorbed, about 3 to 4 minutes. Continue adding the stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the rice is al dente about 15 to 20 minutes..
- Add the corn kernels and another ½ cup stock. Continue to cook, adding more stock as needed, until rice is tender and corn is cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes. You may have some leftover stock.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the soft herb cheese. Season with black pepper and more salt to taste.
- Garnish with basil, shaved Parmesan, and more black pepper.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.