90% would make again
Farro Salad With Cucumber And Yogurt-Dill Dressing
Inspired by naturallyella.com
for 2 servings
- 1 ½ cups uncooked farro (255 g)
- 1 english cucumber, seeded and chopped
- salt, to taste
- 3 plum tomatoes
- ½ cup scallions (50 g), chopped
- fresh parsley, minced, for garnish
- ¾ cup greek yogurt (215 g)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- Calories 563
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 93g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Rinse the farro and add it to a medium saucepan. Add water until the farro is covered. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 25 minutes, until the farro is tender
- While the farro cooks, seed and chop the cucumber. Add it to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Rinse the cucumbers in cold water and drain well.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Make the dressing: Add the yogurt, lemon juice, oil, pepper, parsley, and dill to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the farro, cucumbers, tomatoes, and scallions to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley.