Fidget Spinner Cookies
Get ready to spin your taste buds into a frenzy with these playful fidget spinner cookies. With a vanilla cookie base and a rainbow of frosting, they're like a party in your hands.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (310 g)
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 g), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- royal icing, any color for decoration
- Calories 265
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, and salt, and mix together with a wooden spoon, until fully incorporated. Add the softened butter and continue to mix until the mixture looks crumbly and slightly wet, about 1 minute longer. Add the vanilla and cream cheese and mix until dough just begins to form large clumps, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until it becomes a cohesive ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough to ¼-inch (6 mm) thickness. Use a clean fidget spinner as a guide to cut out 12 shapes from the dough. Use a clean water bottle cap to cut out 24 circles. Roll out the extra dough again to ½-inch thickness. With a straw, poke out 12 small pegs that will act as dowels for the fidget spinner cookies.
- With the same straw, poke a hole in the fidget spinner cookie centers and move it around in a circle, widening the hole to be larger than the diameter of the pegs. Place all of the shapes on the baking sheet
- Bake for 7 minutes, then remove the pegs. Rotate the baking sheet and continue baking for 8 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool the cookies completely. Then decorate as you like with your favorite icing or decorations. Use royal icing as glue to attach a peg to the backside of one of the small circles. Place the fidget spinner cookie base over the peg and attach a second circle cookie with more icing. Let all the icing dry before attempting to spin.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.