93% would make again
Fiesta Tofu Scramble
featured in Ultimate Vegan Breakfast
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ¼ medium red onion, diced
- kosher salt, to taste
- 14 oz extra firm tofu (395 g), drained and patted dry
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves (10 g)
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Calories 164
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the bell pepper, jalapeño, and red onion. Season with salt. Sauté for 2 minutes, until the vegetables start to sweat.
- Crumble the tofu into the pan and stir to break up. Add the turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper and stir to combine. Make sure the turmeric evenly coats the tofu to give it an egg-like color.
- Serve hot with cilantro, sliced avocado, and lime wedges.