90% would make again
Firecracker Crispy Marshmallow Pops
featured in Snacks From The 90's You Can Make at Home
These colorful and festive pops are a fun and exciting way to celebrate any occasion. The crispy and chewy texture of the marshmallows combined with the dramatic crackle from the fizzy rocks make for a unique and memorable treat.
May 05, 2023
for 9 servings
- 2 ½ cups marshmallow (150 g)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups puffed rice cereal (200 g)
- 2 oz fizzy rock candy (55 g)
- white chocolate, melted
- milk chocolate, melted
- sprinkles, for decorating
- 1 cup fizzy rock candy (220 g), for decorating
- Calories 558
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 115g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave for 3 minutes. Stir to fully incorporate.
- Mix in the puffed rice cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Add the fizzy rock candy and stir until well combined. Be sure to add the candy no sooner than this stage, for it may lose its “pop” if mixed with the hot marshmallow mixture.
- Spread the mixture in a 9x9-inch (23x23-cm) pan lined with parchment paper and press down to create an even layer. Top with fizzy rock candy.
- Dip 9 straws sticks in a bit of melted white chocolate and place them in 3 even rows across the baking tin.
- Let the white chocolate harden at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and cut into 9 equal squares.
- Dip the treats into melted milk chocolate going half way up, and decorate with sprinkles and more rock candy.
- Place the completed pops on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray and let sit for about an hour until the chocolate is set.