Fish Sauce Caramel Corn On The Cob
This recipe is a truly unique and daring take on the classic summer snack. The sweet and salty flavors of the fish sauce caramel pair perfectly with the tender and juicy corn on the cob, making for a flavor explosion in every bite. This recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and your guests at your next backyard barbecue.
for 4 servings
- kosher salt, for boiling
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (55 g), lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, zested
- ½ lime, juiced
- fresh thai basil, for garnish
- lime, halved, for serving
- Calories 235
- Fat 3g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the corn and boil for 5–7 minutes, until the kernels are tender and bright yellow. Use tongs to remove the corn and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking together as the butter melts. Whisk in heavy cream and fish sauce. Let bubble for 1–2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the lime zest and juice.
- Place the corn on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the corn on all sides with the caramel.
- Bake the corn for 10 minutes, using tongs to rotate the cobs every few minutes and basting with more caramel, until caramelized and browned.
- Serve corn with lots of chopped Thai basil and halved limes.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.