94% would make again
Five-cheese Mac and Cheese
featured in 25 Mac 'N' Cheese Recipes
for 5 servings
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 12 oz evaporated milk (355 mL), 1 can
- 3 eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g), shredded and divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g), shredded
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup provolone cheese (115 g), cut into small pieces
- ½ cup smoked gouda cheese (50 g), shredded
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Calories 1170
- Fat 66g
- Carbs 94g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a large pot or dutch oven, cook macaroni according to package directions, salting the water with 2 teaspoons of salt. Drain and return to the warm pot.
- Add butter to warm macaroni and mix until melted. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Add half of the cheddar cheese, mozzarella, provolone, gouda, and feta cheese. Mix well.
- Add eggs and evaporated milk, mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a 9x13-inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until the top has nicely browned.