86% would make again
Fluffy Japanese Pancakes
featured in Pancakes Vs. Waffles
for 4 servings
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- ¾ cup pancake mix (95 g)
- 4 egg whites
- butter, to serve
- syrup, to serve
- 1 cup assorted berry (175 g), to serve
- Calories 317
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix together the egg yolks, sugar, milk, and pancake mix in a very large bowl until it is smooth with no large lumps.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form when lifted.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, until just incorporated, making sure not to deflate the batter.
- Grease two 3.5-inch (9 cm) metal ring moulds and set them in the middle of a pan over the lowest heat possible.
- Fill the moulds about ¾ of the way full with the batter, then cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, until the center of the pancakes are slightly jiggly.
- Release the pancakes from the bottom of the pan with a spatula, then carefully flip them over, making sure not to spill any batter inside.
- Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, then serve with butter, syrup, and berries!