97% would make again
featured in 3 Amazing Homemade Bread Recipes
for 6 servings
- 1 cup warm water (235 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ⅓ cups flour (415 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 367
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine water, olive oil, honey, salt, flour, and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix well and knead for 10-15 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise once for 1 hour in a warm place, until the dough has doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Remove the dough from the bowl and stretch the dough into 9-inch (23 cm) circle.
- Place the dough into well greased 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron pan. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes.
- Poke the top with your fingertips.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.