95% would make again
Freezer-Prep French Toast Sticks
featured in Breakfast Meal Prep For People On The Go
for 36 sticks
- 1 loaf texas toast
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt, to taste
- cooking spray
- Calories 34
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C).
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Stack and slice the Texas toast into thirds.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- Dunk each strip of bread into the mixture, allow the excess to drip off, then place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- NOTE: To freeze, let the sticks cool slightly and transfer baking sheet to freezer. Once frozen, after 1-2 hours, transfer to a freezer bag for easy storage.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 350°F (180˚C) and bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through. OR transfer frozen sticks to a plate and microwave 45-60 seconds.