Freezer-Prep Protein Packed Chili
featured in 6 Hearty Chili Recipes
Get ready to meal prep like a pro with this Freezer-Prep Protein-Packed Chili! This hearty and flavorful chili is perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a satisfying, quick meal.
May 04, 2023
98% would make again
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz black beans (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz kidney bean (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz corn (425 g), 1 can, drained
- 30 oz diced tomato (425 g), 2 cans
- ¼ cup tomato paste (55 g)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup lentils (125 g)
- sour cream, for serving
- shredded cheddar cheese, for serving
- sliced scallions, for serving
- Calories 1077
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 134g
- Fiber 24g
- Sugar 33g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas, corn, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste to the slow cooker. Season with the chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne, coriander, salt, honey, vegetable stock, and lentils.
- Stir and slow cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours, until the lentils have softened.
- Enjoy right away or freeze up to 6 months in an airtight container. Defrost in the refrigerator and reheat when ready to eat. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, and sliced scallions.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.