87% would make again
Freezer-Prep Veggie Breakfast Burritos
Packed with colorful vegetables and protein-rich ingredients, these grab-and-go burritos are the ultimate breakfast convenience. With a satisfying combination of flavors and a hearty texture, they'll fuel your morning and keep you going strong.
May 05, 2023
for 8 burritos
- olive oil, to taste
- ½ small white onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cremini mushroom (75 g), sliced
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup kale (70 g), roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk (85 g)
- pepper, to taste
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 16 oz pinto bean (455 g)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (25 g)
- ¼ cup shredded monterey jack cheese (25 g)
- salsa, for serving
- Calories 341
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and season with salt. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, then cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the peppers and mushrooms are softened.
- Add the kale and cook until wilted. Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside. Wipe out the pan.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Heat another drizzle of olive oil in the clean pan. Add the eggs and cook until scrambled to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Lay a tortilla on a clean work surface. Add about ⅛ of the eggs and cooked vegetables, 2 ounces of beans, and ½ tablespoon each of the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses to the center. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then roll into a burrito. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a clean skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the burritos on both sides, starting with the seam side, until the tortilla is brown and crisp.
- Wrap the burritos individually in foil or reusable beeswax wraps. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
- When ready to eat, unwrap a burrito and microwave for 3 minutes. Serve with salsa.
- Calories: 345 Total fat: 12 grams Total carbs: 41 grams Dietary fiber: 10 grams Sugars: 4 grams Protein: 20 grams