French-style Strawberry Tart
Inspired by a the classic French dessert tarte tatin, this beautiful and elegant dessert is surprisingly easy to make. A flaky, buttery crust is filled with caramel-coated strawberries and served with crème fraîche. It's a stunning dessert that's perfect for a fancy dinner party or special occasion.
for 6 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 ¼ cups strawberry (200 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ¼ cup butter (50 g)
- 1.5 cups crème fraîche (335 g), to serve
- Calories 464
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet. Place a 25-centimetre (9-inch) cake tin on the sheet of puff pastry and cut around the edges.
- Poke holes in the pastry with a fork and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Prepare the strawberries by hulling them with a straw. Set aside.
- Pour the sugar in a large saucepan and cook over a medium heat, until the sugar has melted and reached a light brown colour.
- Stir in the butter until melted.
- Add the strawberries, coating evenly in the caramel.
- Arrange the strawberries in the buttered tin, followed by the puff pastry on top.
- Tuck the pastry down the sides of the tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 1-2 hours, then invert onto a plate.
- Slice and serve with a spoonful of crème fraîche.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.