94% would make again
Fresh Corn Salad
featured in I Tried To Make A Picnic For 2 For $15
This corn salad is a celebration of all the bright and beautiful flavors of summer! Sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, and creamy avocado are tossed together with pickled red onions for a salad that's both refreshing and satisfying. It's the perfect side dish for any barbecue, potluck, or picnic, and it's sure to impress your guests with its vibrant colors and delicious taste!
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ears corn, husked
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 426
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 34g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and the sugar to a small bowl. Toss to combine, then let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, until the onion softens.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the corn, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, until tender. Remove the corn from the pot and let cool to the touch.
- Place corn on a cutting board with a damp paper towel and cut off the kernels. (The paper towel helps keep the corn from flying everywhere).
- Add the corn kernels to a large bowl with the tomato, avocado, and the pickled onions, along with the pickling liquid. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, then drizzle with olive oil and season with more salt and pepper.