Fried Chicken Crouton Caesar Salad
This recipe takes Caesar salad to the next level by adding crispy fried chicken croutons to the mix. The classic flavors of garlic, Parmesan cheese, and anchovy are all present, making for a salad that is sure to satisfy.
for 4 servings
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ⅓ cup canola oil (80 g)
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese (40 g), plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (90 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk (120 mL)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (455 g)
- canola oil, for frying
- 8 little gem lettuces, cut into 1 in (2.54 cm)
- 2 cups cherry tomato (400 g), halved
- Calories 715
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 46g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the Caesar dressing: In a blender or food processor, combine the anchovies, egg yolk, Dijon mustard, McCormick® Garlic Powder, lemon juice, and canola oil. Blend until combined with a consistency similar to mayonnaise. Add the Parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste, and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the fried chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, McCormick® Garlic Powder, and McCormick® Paprika. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel. Coat the chicken in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then again in the flour mixture.
- Heat ½ inch of canola oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, add the chicken thighs to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp, 6–8 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to cool, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Make the salad: In a large bowl, gently toss together the Little Gem lettuce, tomatoes, and Caesar dressing. Garnish with fried chicken croutons and more Parmesan.