92% would make again
Fried Chicken Pot Pie Filling
featured in 6 Crispy Snacks To Make For Friends
Inspired by tasty.co
for 4 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- ¼ cup english pea (35 g), cooked
- 6 tablespoons flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- flour, as needed
- egg, as needed
- panko breadcrumb, as needed
- oil, to fry
- Calories 405
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 20g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the butter to a pot over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, ddd the chicken and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the sliced onion and cook until translucent and soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add diced carrots and peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour into the mixture. Stir until well blended, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the milk and stir constantly until the mixture is thickened.
- Transfer the mixture into a shallow heat proof container. Cool until room temperature, then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Drop a spoonful of mixture into the flour. Coat with flour and shape it to a flat ball shape. Coat with egg, then dip in panko bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pot to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Add the chicken pot pie balls in batches, frying until golden brown.