75% would make again
Fried Strawberry Shortcake Pops
featured in 6 Strawberry Cheesecake Desserts
for 6 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), 1 block
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL), cold
- 1 ½ cups strawberry (225 g), diced
- 3 cups vanilla wafer (240 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- 6 sticks popsicle stick
- popsicle mold
- Calories 566
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Pour in the heavy cream and beat until the mixture has reached soft peaks.
- Add in the strawberries and beat until well-incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into 6 popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze at least 8 hours.
- Place vanilla wafers in a gallon-size freezer bag and smash with a rolling pin until the the cookies have broken down into crumbs.
- Coat the popsicles with egg wash, then with vanilla wafer crumbs and repeat for a second coating.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes.
- While holding the end of the popsicle stick, dip the popsicle into the oil, heated to 375°F (190°C), and hold for 10 seconds. Be sure to wear heat-resistant gloves when frying the popsicles! Or use a reliable pair of tongs to hold the stick while frying.
- Immediately after pulling the popsicle from the oil, pat both sides with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Freeze immediately until ready to serve.