Froyo Cookie Sandwiches
featured in Sweet Treats With Yogurt
Get excited about healthier cookies sandwiched together with creamy froyo
August 30, 2020
87% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 lb greek yogurt (500 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 stalk vanilla bean, scraped
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (180 g)
- ½ cup coconut oil (100 g), melted
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (80 g)
- Calories 673
- Fat 34g
- Carbs 76g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 50g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 ̊F/190 ̊C.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a bowl. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 2 hours, or until consistency is thick and creamy but still scoopable.
- Add the rolled oats to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until it becomes a flour-like consistency.
- Combine coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl. Add in oats, baking soda, and a pinch of salt and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips. 5. Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, form 8 balls of cookie dough and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using your hands or the back of a spoon, press down firmly on each ball to form a cookie shape. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes. While the cookies are cooling, you may want to remove ice cream from the freezer and let sit out to soften.
- Flip cookies over so the flat sides are facing up. Add one scoop of frozen yogurt to 4 of the cookies. Use the remaining 4 cookies to form sandwiches by placing on top of the ice cream scoop and pressing down very gently to slowly spread out the ice cream. Feel free to use a spoon to smooth out the ice cream instead.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.