for 12 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g)
- ⅓ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (35 g), sifted, plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup granulated sugar (55 g), divided, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups Planet Oat Oatmilk (480 mL)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (60 mL)
- 2 large eggs, separated
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 3 pt Planet Oat® Vanilla Non-Dairy Dessert (1.3 g)
- melted chocolate, for drizzling or dipping
- rainbow sprinkle, for topping
- peanut, chopped, for topping
- Calories 189
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, ½ cup sugar, the baking powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Planet Oat Oatmilk and the vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes, then mix in vegetable oil and egg yolks.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until frothy and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Fold the egg whites into the waffle batter until just combined.
- Grease the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Cook the waffles according to the waffle iron instructions. Transfer the waffles to a wire rack, arranging in a single layer, and let cool to room temperature.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the waffles to the prepared baking sheet and freeze for 15–30 minutes, until cold.
- Remove the Planet Oat® Vanilla Non-Dairy Dessert from the freezer and let sit for 10–15 minutes, until softened.
- Top a waffle with 4 scoops of Planet Oat® Vanilla Non-Dairy Dessert in each quadrant, then place a second waffle on top to form a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Return the waffle sandwiches to the baking sheet and freeze for 3–4 hours, until frozen solid.
- Remove from the freezer and cut each waffle sandwich into quarters to make 4 smaller sandwiches. Dip in or drizzle with melted chocolate, or roll the edges in sprinkles or chopped peanuts. Freeze until ready to serve.