83% would make again
Fruitcake Cupcake Holiday Wreath
featured in Sweet Treats For The Holiday Season
Inspired by en.julskitchen.com
for 24 servings
- 1 cup orange juice (240 mL)
- ½ cup dried apricot (95 g), chopped
- ½ cup golden raisin (75 g), chopped
- ¼ cup dried cherry (30 g), chopped
- ½ cup raisin (75 g), chopped
- ¼ cup dried fig (35 g), chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberry (25 g)
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar (55 g)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (165 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g), sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup pecan (60 g), chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cups powdered sugar (240 g), sifted
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Calories 229
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the fruit: In a small pot, warm the orange juice over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the dried apricots, golden raisins, dried cherries, raisins, dried figs, and dried cranberries. Simmer for 5 minutes, until the fruit absorbs some of the liquid.
- Transfer the fruit and their cooking liquid to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Soak and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make the cake batter: In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add the light and dark brown sugars and beat for 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt, and beat for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, pecans, lemon zest, and the soaked fruit, and fold with a rubber spatula until well incorporated.
- Grease 2 12-cup muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Using a 2-tablespoon ice cream scoop, add a scoop of batter to each of the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool before icing.
- Make the icing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the fruitcakes, then serve.