Fusion Chana Masala Tacos
Experience a flavor explosion with these Fusion Chana Masala Tacos, where Indian spices meet Mexican flair. You'll be savoring every bite of this unique and mouthwatering dish that's perfect for weeknight dinners or weekend gatherings.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
Chana Masala Ingredients:
- 4 cups chickpeas (800 g), canned or pre-cooked
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup water (240 mL), (adjust as needed)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 2 whole dry chili peppers
- cinnamon stick piece
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- red chili powder, (optional to add spice)
- 2 teaspoons chana masala powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water (240 mL), (adjust as needed for consistency)
- Calories 605
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 84g
- Fiber 27g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- First, make Chana Masala as follows:
- Heat avocado oil in a pan. To the pan, add bay leaves, dry chili pepper, cinnamon sticks and whole cumin seeds.
- Once cumin seeds start to sizzle, add diced onion and cook until slightly brown and translucent.
- Lower the heat and add the crushed or fresh tomatoes, ginger and garlic and mixwell.
- Add salt, turmeric, paprika, red chili powder, chana masala mix and water. Mix well.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes with lid on.
- Add cooked chickpeas, mix well and let cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Then, add the taco seasoning to the chana masala you just made. Mash with masher and add water as needed for a loose but not runny consistency. Heat in a saucepan. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve mixture on taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, optional cheese and salsa.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.