Game Day Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone loves a good cookie! Be the cool parent at the next game by handing out these crispy, chewy, delicious cookies to the whole team!
September 29, 2022
84% would make again
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
for 14 cookies
- ½ cup salted butter (115 g), room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar (100 g), firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (185 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup candy-coated chocolates (100 g), roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup pretzel pieces (55 g), plus whole pretzels, for topping
- ⅓ cup chopped semisweet chocolate (65 g), plus whole squares, for topping
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined, about 1 minute, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix on low speed until incorporated, 1–2 minutes.
- Fold in the candy-coated chocolates, pretzel pieces, and chopped semisweet chocolate with a rubber spatula.
- Using a 1½–2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets. Chill in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Press a whole square of semisweet chocolate into the top of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10–12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove the pans from the oven and bang on the countertop to flatten the cookies. Press a whole pretzel onto the top of each cookie. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
- Leftover cookies will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here