Garlic And Herb Weeknight Steak Salad
Savor the flavors of this Garlic and Herb Weeknight Steak Salad, perfect for a quick and satisfying meal. With juicy steak, fresh greens, and a zesty dressing, it's a delicious way to unwind after a long day.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 2 servings
- 1 lb skirt steak (455 g), trimmed of any excess fat, cut in half crosswise
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 shallots, sliced into thin rings
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for finishing
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Gardens™ Lightly Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Gardens™ Lightly Dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Gardens™ Lightly Dried Cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh mint (10 g), chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup cherry tomato (100 g), halved
- ¼ cup fresh goat cheese (25 g), crumbled
- Calories 872
- Fat 55g
- Carbs 22g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 73g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the steak: Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season on both sides with the McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic. Rest seasoned steak for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the crispy shallots.
- Make the crispy shallots: Toss the shallot rings in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch until well coated, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 2 inches (5 cm) of oil in a large, high walled skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350°F (180°C). Set a wire rack inside a baking sheet or line with paper towels.
- Working in batches, fry the shallots in the hot oil for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer to the wire rack to drain and season with more salt. Repeat with the remaining shallots. Let cool completely. The shallots will keep in a container with a loose-fitting lid for 2–3 days in a cool, dark place.
- Make the garlic steak: Heat a 12-inch (30 cm) cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is very hot, add the canola oil and swirl to coat. Gently place a piece of steak in the pan and sear on both sides until cooked to desired doneness, 4–7 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and let rest for 5–10 minutes while you repeat with the remaining piece of steak.
- Assemble the salad: In a small bowl, combine the Gourmet Gardens™ Lightly Dried Parsley, Basil, and Cilantro, and fresh mint.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add half of the herb mixture and toss to combine. Divide the lettuce between 2 bowls.
- Top each bowl with the cherry tomatoes, goat cheese.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Top each bowl with half of the steak slices, crispy shallots, and garnish with the remaining herbs. Serve immediately.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here