96% would make again
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
featured in Romantic Chicken Dinner for Two
for 2 servings
- 4 chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar (110 g)
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Calories 760
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 42g
- Protein 64g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or pan over medium-high heat, and add the chicken skin side down.
- Cook the chicken until it has a dark brown and crispy skin. Flip the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the remaining chicken fat and cook, stirring frequently until the onions are softened and caramelized.
- Add the brown sugar, chicken broth, thyme, and parsley and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil and and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and coat it in the garlic brown sugar sauce.