95% would make again
Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
featured in Romantic Chicken Dinner for Two
Savor the sweet and savory flavors of this Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken that'll have your taste buds dancing! With a mouthwatering glaze and a hint of garlic, this dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 4 chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar (110 g)
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Calories 601
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 42g
- Protein 67g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or pan over medium-high heat, and add the chicken skin side down.
- Cook the chicken until it has a dark brown and crispy skin. Flip the chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the remaining chicken fat and cook, stirring frequently until the onions are softened and caramelized.
- Add the brown sugar, chicken broth, thyme, and parsley and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil and and cook for 1-2 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and coat it in the garlic brown sugar sauce.