Garlic & Honey Glazed Sesame Chicken
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 8 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut amino
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons Sweetleaf Stevia
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- 2 tablespoons honey, or agave
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons organic ketchup
- 4 tablespoons coconut amino
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- sesame seed, toasted, for garnish
- green onion, diced, for garnish
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Calories 298
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Put chicken, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil and Stevia in a plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours; drain.
- Add vegetables to a shallow pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Mix cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper in a large, sealed plastic bag.
- In small batches, add chicken to flour mixture, shake gently to coat and toss into pan until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Mix honey, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, ketchup, coconut aminos and water. Add to pan and bring to a boil then simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Mix sauce and chicken together. Sprinkle it with sesame seeds and green onion and serve.