90% would make again
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta Bake
featured in Cheesy Recipes for Parmesan Lovers
This hearty pasta bake is a crowd-pleaser that delivers rich, comforting flavors. Tender chicken is simmered in a creamy garlic and Parmesan sauce, then tossed with al dente pasta and topped with a layer of breadcrumbs. Each forkful is a delicious combination of tender chicken, garlicky creaminess, and satisfyingly cheesy goodness.
May 05, 2023
for 12 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups milk (1.2 L)
- 12 sheets no-boil pasta
- 3 cups cooked chicken (420 g), chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas (300 g)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese (110 g), plus more for topping
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- ¼ cup breadcrumb (30 g)
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Melt butter, add garlic, thyme, sage and rosemary. Sauté until fragrant. Remove the thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add the milk, a little bit at a time, and whisk after each addition. Repeat until all the milk is gone. Keep whisking until it has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Grease a 9×13 inch (22 x33 cm) pan. Cover bottom with a layer of pasta, half of the chicken, half of the peas, a ⅓ of the parmesan, a ⅓ water and ⅓ of the sauce.
- Repeat once. Top with noodles, remaining water and cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the foil, sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with chopped parsley as garnish.