91% would make again
Garlicky Chicken With Jeweled Cauliflower Rice
for 2 servings
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (700 g), cut into 1 in (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 ½ teaspoons Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden™ Jalapeño Stir-In Paste
- kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon McCormick ground turmeric
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cauliflower, small head
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, small diced
- ½ teaspoon McCormick ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon McCormick ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon McCormick ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon McCormick Ground Cinnamon
- kosher salt, to taste
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds (65 g), plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup pistachio (30 g), shelled
- ⅓ cup dried apricot (60 g), diced into ¼-inch (6 mm) pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias, plus more for garnish
- Calories 888
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 69g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the garlicky chicken: In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Stir-In Paste, Gourmet Garden™ Jalapeño Stir-In Paste, a generous sprinkle of salt, turmeric, and lemon zest until well coated. Let sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the cauliflower rice: Cut the cauliflower into quarters. Grate each quarter on the large holes of a box grater over a large bowl, stopping short of the core. The cauliflower should be broken down into small pieces the size of rice grains.
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat the olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in an even layer and sear on all sides, until cooked through, 7–8 minutes total. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the cauliflower rice: Heat the olive oil in a wide nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, 5–7 minutes. Add the cardamom, coriander, cumin, and cinnamon. Let the spices sizzle for 1 minute, until fragrant. Season with salt.
- Increase the heat to high and add the cauliflower rice. Stir to combine, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 6–7 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is tender and lightly browned in places. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the pomegranate seeds, pistachios, dried apricots, pine nuts, and scallions. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if necessary.
- Serve the chicken over the cauliflower rice and garnish with more pomegranate seeds and scallions.