83% would make again
Gender Reveal Cream Puffs
June 10, 2019
for 24 cream puffs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 1/2 sticks, cubed
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g)
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream (720 mL)
- 14 oz condensed milk (395 g), 1 can
- 3 drops food coloring, pink or blue
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate (345 g), melted
- sprinkles, for decorating
- Calories 317
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the milk, water, sugar, salt, and butter. Cook until the butter melts.
- Add the flour, all at once, and using a flexible spatula, stir until combined. Continue to mix until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms into a ball. Remove the pot from the heat and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix in the eggs, one by one, only adding the next once the previous is fully incorporated into the dough.
- Transfer the dough to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip or a zip-top bag with a corner snipped off.
- Pipe the dough straight down onto the prepared baking sheet in 1-inch (2 cm) circles, leaving 1 inch (2 cm) of space between each one. You may need to use another baking sheet.
- Use a wet finger to press down any peaks.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Let the puffs cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer on high speed to beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Pour in the condensed milk and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Add the food coloring and beat to incorporate.
- Transfer the cream to a piping bag with a pointed round tip or a zip-top bag with a corner snipped off.
- Add the white chocolate to a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds, about 2 minutes total.
- Use a bamboo skewer to poke a hole in the top of each puff, then pipe in the pink or blue cream, filling each puff about ⅔ of the way.
- Dip the tops of the filled cream puffs in the white chocolate and decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
- Let cool on a wire rack until the chocolate sets.
- Arrange the cream puffs in a tower, then serve.