97% would make again
German Pancake (aka Dutch Baby)
featured in 3 Amazing Styles Of Pancakes
for 6 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup milk (180 mL), warm
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (95 g)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar, for serving
- sliced strawberry, for serving
- Calories 181
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine the eggs, granulated sugar, salt, milk, vanilla, flour and melted butter in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Preheat an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Melt the butter in the skillet. Pour the batter into the heated skillet and then immediately, and carefully, move the skillet to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. The pancake is done when it is a rich amber color and the sides have risen considerably. Carefully remove the pancake from the skillet and let cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries.