91% would make again
featured in Must Try Camping Hacks And Recipes
This Giant Crunchwrap recipe is sure to be a showstopper on your next camping adventure. Make it your own and customize it with your own fillings!
August 20, 2020
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 ½ cups tortilla chips (35 g), crushed
- 1 ½ cups iceberg lettuce (150 g), shredded
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Calories 851
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 70g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 43g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the beef filling: Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized, 5–6 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up with a spatula, until no longer pink, 5–6 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and lime juice and mix well. Transfer to an airtight container, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grease a large cast iron skillet with nonstick spray. Lay 4 of the tortillas around the edges of the pan, overlapping in the center. Top with the beef filling, shredded cheddar, tortilla chips, lettuce, sour cream, and tomatoes. Top with the remaining tortilla, then fold the overhanging tortillas toward the center to encase the filling.
- Cook over a fire or open grill for 18–20 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. 5. Carefully flip, then cook for another 5–7 minutes, or until golden brown on the other side.
- Carefully invert the crunchwrap from the skillet onto a cutting board and slice into pieces. Serve immediately.