Indulge in the festive flavors of this Gingerbread Bark, a delightful combination of gingerbread cookies and white chocolate. Perfect for holiday gatherings, this sweet treat will have everyone coming back for seconds!
for 8 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
Spiced Dark Chocolate
- 16 oz dark chocolate (450 g)
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Spiced White Chocolate
- 6 oz white chocolate (180 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 ½ cups broken gingersnaps (105 g), about 1½ cups
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- Calories 700
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 84g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 62g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch (22 x 33 cm) baking dish with nonstick spray. Press a piece of parchment paper (cut to size, as needed) against the bottom and sides of the baking dish, pressing into the corners.
- Make the spiced dark chocolate: Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a medium heatproof bowl and set over a medium saucepan filled with about 1 inch of water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes, until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish, gently titling the dish so the bottom is covered evenly.
- Make the spiced white chocolate: Add the white chocolate to a clean medium heatproof bowl and place over the saucepan of water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the ginger and cloves.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the dark chocolate layer. Then, using a butter knife, swirl the chocolates together in a circular pattern.
- Evenly sprinkle the broken gingersnaps and crystallized ginger over the chocolate, gently pressing down to adhere.
- Transfer the baking dish to the refrigerator for 1–2 hours, or until the chocolate is set.
- Break into pieces, then serve.