67% would make again
Gluten-Free Corn Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits
Call us cheesy, but these biscuits are a side dish everyone can smile about. And they come together in less than an hour! If you’re feeling spicy, add another chopped jalapeño to the batter for an extra kick.
November 15, 2021
for 18 biscuits
- 4 cups fine cornmeal (500 g)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar (135 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 can creamed corn
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (450 g)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped, plus 1, cut into rings and seeded, divided
- Calories 206
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the creamed corn and melted butter and mix until fully combined. Fold in 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and the finely chopped jalapeño until evenly distributed. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a 2-ounce (¼ cup) scoop to portion the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Top each biscuit with 1 heaping tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese and 1 jalapeño ring.
- Bake the biscuits for 18–20 minutes, until the cheese on top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.