Gnocchi Mac And Cheese
Two comfort-food classics, one magical mashup! Pillowy gnocchi covered in a creamy cheese sauce is truly a Tasty dream come true. Trust us, you’ve never had mac and cheese like this before.
for 8 servings
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (40 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 2 cups whole milk (480 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (150 g)
- 1 ½ cups shredded white cheddar cheese (150 g)
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese (165 g), divided
- 32 oz store-bought gnocchi (910 g)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (115 g)
- Calories 853
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 68g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 32g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the flour and garlic powder and cook, whisking constantly, until light golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mustard, heavy cream, milk, thyme, salt, and pepper and whisk to incorporate. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the mozzarella, white cheddar, and 1 cup (110 g) of the Parmesan cheese until fully melted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the gnocchi until fully covered in the cheese sauce, then remove the pan from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, microwave the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter on low power until melted.
- Add the bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly over the gnocchi.
- Bake the gnocchi for 25–30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.