84% would make again
Gooey Custard Cheesecake
featured in 5 Creamy Custard-Filled Desserts
This custard cheesecake is the perfect blend of sweet and creamy, with a gooey, custard-like filling and a crunchy, buttery crust. It's a crowd-pleaser for any dessert lover!
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 5 oz biscuit cookie (140 g)
- 3 oz melted butter (85 g)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 7 oz cream cheese (200 g)
- 1 egg, whisked
- Calories 636
- Fat 48g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag and crush with a wooden spoon until the cookies have fully become crumbs. Put them in a bowl. Add melted butter and milk, and mix well.
- In a buttered 15-centimeter (6-inch) pie pan, add the crust mixture and press firmly to form an even layer. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until pale. Add milk, vanilla, and cornstarch, and mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes and whisk after every minute.
- Add the cream cheese to the custard. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the custard batter into the chilled crust. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320˚F/160˚C.
- Brush egg wash on top of the cake. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake is cool to the touch, serve immediately. The cake will have gooey texture while it is warm.