90% would make again
Grandma Bonnie’s Dream Cookies
June 10, 2019
for 30 cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baker's ammonia
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 g), high-quality, cubed, and softened
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- additional topping, chocolate chips, whole almonds, or raisins
- Calories 97
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 275˚F (135˚C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baker’s ammonia.
- In a separate medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer on low speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and continue beating until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat to incorporate.
- Roll about 1 ounce of dough at a time in your hands to make walnut-sized balls. They will be small, about ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) wide. Place the balls of dough on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch (2 ½ cm) of space between each cookie. Using a flat-bottomed measuring cup, gently press down on the cookies to flatten.
- Top each cookie with 3 chocolate chips, a single almond, or raisins.
- Bake the cookies for 30 minutes, or until the bottoms are light golden brown and the edges are crispy.