Grandma Decanini's Zuppa Pavese
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 2 servings
- 1 qt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 thick slices good Italian bread
- 2 eggs
- grated parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a small pot put 1 quart chicken broth and 2 tbsp dried parsley. Bring to a low boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- In a frying pan add a knob of butter and grill both sides of bread until nice and crunchy. Slice in half and arrange in oven-safe bowl.
- Crack 1 or 2 eggs over the bread so as not to break yolks. Add salt and pepper and a dash of parsley.
- Slowly ladle or pour simmering broth over eggs and bread, do not break yolk!
- Add Parmesan cheese and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20-25 minutes for soft-boiled eggs, longer if you want the yolk harder. Add more broth and cheese fresh out of the oven.