Grapefruit Salad With Thai Curried Coconut Dressing As Made By Arnold Myint
Chef Arnold created this delicious, refreshing Grapefruit Salad with Thai Curried Coconut Dressing to celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
for 4 servings
Thai Curried Coconut Dressing
- 1 tablespoon thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons dark agave nectar
- neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable, for frying
- ¼ cup shallot (10 g), thinly sliced
- kosher salt, to taste
- corn starch, or all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 cups grapefruit (450 g)
- 1 cup green beans (150 g), thinly sliced
- 1 fresno chilie, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprout (100 g)
- 1 cup red cabbage (100 g), thinly sliced
- 3 oz sunflower greens (85 g)
- 1 sprig fresh dill fronds
- 8 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 10 fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (25 g), toasted
- ¼ cup roasted peanut (30 g)
- Calories 368
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the curry paste, lime juice, fish sauce, coconut milk, and agave until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make the crispy shallots: Heat about ½ inch of oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 325°F (160°C).
- Lightly sprinkle the shallots with salt and let stand for about 5 minutes to draw out the moisture. Place the shallots on a paper towel and pat to dry out and remove any excess liquid. Lightly dust the shallots with cornstarch.
- Fry the shallots in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain any excess oil. Set aside until ready to use.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit segments, green beans, Fresno chiles, bean sprouts, cabbage, sunflower greens, dill, mint, cilantro, and crispy shallots. Drizzle in half of the dressing and lightly fold everything together, adding more dressing as desired. Add the toasted coconut and roasted peanuts.
- Serve immediately.