Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
Zesty Torn Croutons
- 1 Simple Truth™Artisan Baguette
- 1 Simple Truth™ Organic Lemon, 1/2 teaspoon reserved for garnish, zested
- ¼ teaspoon Simple Truth™ Organic Ground Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Simple Truth™ Organic Filtered Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lb Simple Truth™ Organic Green Beans (455 g), ends trimmed
- ½ cup Simple Truth™ Plant-Based Caesar Dressing (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth™ Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Organic Aged Parmesan Cheese
- Calories 448
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 45g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the croutons: Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tear the baguette into ½-inch pieces. You should have about 2 cups.
- Add the bread pieces to a large bowl and toss with the lemon zest, garlic powder, and salt. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread the croutons in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and toast, stirring halfway through, for 15–20 minutes, or until dried and starting to turn golden brown.
- While the croutons toast, prepare the green beans: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add the salt. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Add the Simple Truth™ Organic Green Beans to the boiling water and cook for 4–6 minutes, until slightly tender, but still crisp. Drain the beans, then immediately transfer to the ice bath and let sit for 2 minutes, until cool. Transfer the green beans to a paper towel and pat dry.
- Stack the green beans on a serving platter and drizzle with the Simple Truth™ Plant-Based Caesar Dressing. Sprinkle with the Simple Truth™ Organic Raw Pumpkin Seeds, the pepper, and reserved ½ teaspoon lemon zest. Top with the croutons and shaved Simple Truth™ Organic Aged Parmesan Cheese.