91% would make again
Green Bean Casserole Cups
A new twist on your favorite holiday side dish! Simply pick up some store-bought crescent roll dough, and these cups come together in a flash. Don’t forget to top them with French-fried onions for that signature crunch!
October 25, 2019
for 12 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for boiling
- ½ lb green beans (225 g), trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 oz button mushroom (115 g), sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth (80 mL)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 1 tube store-bought crescent roll dough
- ¾ cup french fried onion (110 g)
- Calories 182
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and set nearby.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, until bright green and slightly tender. Drain the green beans, then transfer to the ice bath. Let cool, then drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, season with the salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for another 2–3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the flour and stir until the mushrooms are coated and the flour begins to toast, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and heavy cream and stir until fully combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the blanched green beans and cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and let the green bean mixture cool slightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the crescent roll dough and pinch the seams together with your fingers. Roll out with a rolling pin into an even layer. Cut into 12 equal squares. Add each square of dough to a cup of the prepared muffin tin.
- Fill each crescent cup with 2 tablespoons of the green bean mixture and top with 1 tablespoon of French-fried onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, then release the cups from the muffin tin.