82% would make again
Green Sauce Shrimp Pasta
featured in Creamy & Satisfying Pasta Recipes
This pasta dish makes a delicious and easy weeknight dinner. With succulent shrimp and a flavorful green sauce made with herbs, garlic, and lemon, it's the ideal recipe for when you need to whip up a quick and tasty meal.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 10 oz shrimp (285 g), peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 25 oz milk (740 mL), warm
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley (35 g)
- ½ cup green onion (50 g), or chives
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 10 oz cooked pasta (300 g), cooked
- Calories 404
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pan, add the butter, thyme and rosemary. Stir.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Take them out of the pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour and mix until it becomes slightly brown.
- Pour the warm milk slowly while mixing.
- Add salt, pepper, and ground nutmeg. Stir and add the chopped onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh parsley and green onion (or chives). Blend everything with a mixer.
- Cook until the sauce is bubbling, turn off the heat. Add the shrimp. Stir and then add the lime juice
- Stir in the pasta. Serve right away.