Under 30 minutes
for 1 sandwich
Sesame Kimchi Mayo
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon sesame seed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kimchi brine
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- ¼ cup kimchi (35 g), chopped
- ¾ cup Cabot 1 Year Cheddar Cheese (75 g), finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, divided, chopped
- Calories 802
- Fat 53g
- Carbs 38g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the sesame kimchi mayonnaise: In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sesame seeds, garlic powder, and kimchi brine.
- Make the grilled cheese: Spread the kimchi mayo over on one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place one piece of bread, mayo side down, in the pan and top with the kimchi, Cabot 1 Year Cheddar Cheese, and ½ tablespoon cilantro. Cover with the remaining slice of bread, mayo side up. Cook for 2–3 minutes, until the bottom slice of bread is golden brown, then use a spatula to flip the sandwich and and cook for 3–5 minutes on the other side, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is completely melted. Remove from the pan and let rest for 1 minute before slicing.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve.