Grilled Peach Galette
This dessert is a school’s-out-summer’s-here celebration! The delightfully flaky pie crust pairs perfectly with the sweet grilled peaches. Garnish with fresh mint leaves to take this dessert to bright and flavorful heights!
for 6 servings
- 1 store bought pie dough
- 1 ½ lb fresh peaches, cut into 1/4 in wedges, peeled if fresh, drained if canned
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon instant tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, ground or graded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water, or cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, thinly sliced
- grill, or grill pan
- Calories 223
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove the pie dough from the refrigerator or freezer and let come to room temperature while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Arrange the peach slices on the grill and cook for 2–3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear but the peaches don’t start to smell smoky.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, tapioca starch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Add the grilled peaches to the bowl and gently toss to coat.
- Flip a baking sheet upside down and line with a piece of parchment paper. Unroll the pie dough on the parchment.
- Arrange the peaches in the center of the dough, then fold the edges up and over the filling.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg and water. Brush the egg wash over the edges of the crust.
- Transfer the galette to the oven and bake for 35–40 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Top the galette with the mint, then slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- RECIPE BY: Breana Jackson