80% would make again
Grilled Peach Panini
featured in Peaches 3 Ways with Meiko Drew
This is the perfect sandwich for those long summer days when peaches are at their ripest. Ooey, gooey Brie is paired with salty pesto and sweet peaches and sandwiched between two slices of crusty bread for a panini that’s truly unforgettable.
for 2 servings
- 4 slices sourdough bread, or crusty artisan bread
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 3 oz brie cheese (90 g), sliced
- 1 large peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
Arugula Peach Salad
- 1 large peach, pitted and cut into ½-inch (1.24 cm) wedges
- 8 oz arugula (225 g)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Calories 863
- Fat 62g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the panini: Heat a panini press to high heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on each slice of bread. Layer 3–4 Brie slices, 4–5 peach slices, and a drizzle of aged balsamic on 2 slices of bread. Place the other slices of bread, pesto-side down, on top.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on one side of each sandwich.
- Grease the panini press lightly with nonstick spray. Place a sandwich on the panini press, buttered-side down. Butter the top slice bread, then close the panini press. Cook until the cheese is melted, 2–3 minutes. Remove the panini from the press and repeat with the remaining sandwich.
- Make the salad: Arrange the peach wedges on the panini press and cook until grill marks appear, 2–3 minutes. Remove from the press.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle the arugula with olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar. Toss well. Add the grilled peaches.
- Serve the panini with the salad alongside.