Grilled Pound Cake With Berries
Savor the sweet symphony of grilled pound cake paired with a medley of juicy berries. This delightful dessert is perfect for backyard barbecues and summertime soirées.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 7 servings
- 16 oz pound cake (455 g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- canola oil, for brushing
- 1 qt fresh strawberries (805 g), stemmed and hulled
- ½ pt fresh blackberries (235 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped cream (480 mL), lightly sweetened, for serving
- grill or grill pan
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- Calories 436
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 57g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Clean the grill grates, if necessary. Preheat the grill on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Slice the pound cake into 7 1-inch (2 ½ cm) slices. LIghtly brush both sides of each slice with melted butter. Set aside.
- Hold a paper towel between tongs and dip it in the canola oil. Carefully oil the grill grates.
- Thread about 4 strawberries onto each bamboo skewer. Place the skewers on the oiled grates, cover, and grill for 2 minutes on each side without disturbing, until the strawberries have grill marks. Transfer the skewered strawberries to a cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Reduce the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise. Transfer to a large bowl with the blackberries, sugar, and lemon juice and toss well. Let the berries macerate while you grill the pound cake.
- Arrange the slices of cake on the grates, cover, and grill for 2 minutes, then flip and grill on the other side for 2 minutes more, until the cake is well toasted with grill marks.
- Transfer the grilled cake to serving plates and top with a dollop of whipped cream and the macerated berries.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here