Grilled Smoked-Mozzarella Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
featured in 4 BBQ Recipes For Your Vegetarian Friends
This salad is a perfect balance of smoky, salty, and tangy flavors. Breaded smoked mozzarella adds depth to the dish, while the balsamic vinaigrette brings a bright acidity to the mix.
May 04, 2023
79% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup oil (240 mL)
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette (120 mL)
- 1 ½ lb smoked mozzarella (680 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup breadcrumb (115 g)
- Combine Dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, oil, and balsamic vinaigrette in a small bowl and stir to combine. NOTE: You can also shake the ingredients in a jar with a secure lid.
- Slice the mozzarella into ¼-inch (6 mm) slices and toss them with olive oil in a bowl.
- Press each slice into the breadcrumbs to fully coat the entire surface.
- Lay the slices out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Cook each slice in a pan or grill about 2 minutes each side until breadcrumbs are golden and grill marks appear.
- Transfer each slice onto your salad and top with salad dressing.
- Nutrition Calories: 2424 Fat: 202 grams Carbs: 87 grams Fiber: 4 grams Sugars: 21 grams Protein: 62 grams
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here