for 4 servings
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced into 1/2 in (1.24 cm)
- 1 cup pre-packaged diced butternut (200 g), yellow squash
- 1 large carrot, diced into 1/2 in (1.24 cm) pieces
- 2 stalks celery, diced into 1/2 in (1.24 cm) pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour (30 g)
- 2 cups chicken stock (480 mL)
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Sam's Choice® Premium Spiral-Cut Ham (265 g), chopped
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 772
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 94g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 50g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the onion, squash, carrot, and celery with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper on the prepared baking sheet until well coated, then spread in an even layer.
- Roast the vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 20–25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, until bubbling. While whisking constantly, slowly pour in the chicken stock, ½ cup (120 ml) at a time, until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, for 7–10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced slightly and is thick and creamy.
- Add the thyme, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, remaining ½ teaspoon pepper, the garlic powder, and cayenne, if using, and whisk to incorporate. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the ham to the bowl with the roasted vegetable, then pour the cream sauce over and stir until combined.
- Roughly chop each biscuit into 1-inch (2.54 cm) pieces.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish (or any 2–2½ qt baking dish) with nonstick spray. Transfer the pot pie filling to the pan, then top evenly with the biscuit pieces.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden browned and the filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with the chopped parsley and serve.