90% would make again
Ham & Cheese Egg Dippers
featured in 4 Ingredient Recipes For An Entire Week
for 3 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (115 g)
- 9 oz ham (255 g)
- 15 white breads
- butter, or vegetable oil to fry
- ice, for ice bath
- Calories 885
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 99g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 54g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fill a small pot two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil.
- With a paring knife, poke a small hole into the wider end of the egg. With a spoon, gently lower eggs into the boiling water and boil for precisely 5 minutes.
- Cut the cheddar cheese into strips, 4 inches (10 cm) long, ¼ inch (½ cm) thick.
- Roll out a piece of white bread until flat and dense.
- Place a slice of ham on the bread, then top with a strip of cheddar. Roll up the bread (like a jelly roll) until cheese and ham are entirely covered.
- Fry the bread rolls for about 4 minutes in a buttered sauté pan over medium-high heat. Turn halfway through when rolls are lightly browned.
- When eggs are done, carefully transfer them to a bowl of ice water.
- Meanwhile, use an egg carton to cut out egg holders for each egg.
- Take eggs out of ice water. Serve with the ham and cheese dunkers.