93% would make again
Ham & Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
featured in For Ham Lovers Only
July 09, 2019
for 8 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), softened
- ¼ cup French's Dijon Mustard (60 g)
- 1 italian bread loaf
- 16 oz monterey jack cheese (455 g)
- 12 oz deli ham (340 g)
- 5 oz gruyère cheese (140 g), shredded
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Calories 588
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 C).
- In a small bowl, combine French’s Dijon Mustard and softened butter.
- Using a serrated knife, cut ¾-inch (2 cm) slices in the bread without cutting all the way through so the bottom of the loaf stays intact (similar to a Hasselback potato).
- Using about half the mixture, brush dijon butter between each bread slice. Reserve the rest of the butter for later.
- Stack a slice of ham on top of a slice of cheese, fold stack in half, and wedge it in between each bread slice so the cheese is against the bread. Repeat with remaining cheese and ham slices.
- Brush remaining dijon butter over loaf and top with shredded Gruyère.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then unwrap the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.